John M. Frick
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business litigation
- Construction defect & accident litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Commercial account collection
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Employment litigation
- Legal malpractice
- Professional liability
- Environmental tort
- Personal injury
- Family law
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- J.D., 1988 – Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- B.S. summa cum laude, 1985 – Southern Methodist University
- B.A. summa cum laude, 1985 – Southern Methodist University
Dallas Nat’l Ins. Co. v. Calitex Corp. – Obtained “reverse and render” opinion from court of appeals in favor of insurer on summary judgment in coverage litigation arising out of underlying $1M verdict in construction defect case.
Herrmann v. Goff Custom Homes, L.P. – Successfully argued motion for summary judgment in trial court defending home builder in serious construction accident case, then successfully briefed and argued case on appeal.
Powell Protection Systems v. Best Buy Co., Inc. – Secured a $1.8 million jury verdict on behalf of a Texas low voltage integrator for tortious interference and fraud following an eight-day jury trial.
Grace Energy Corp. v. Kaneb Pipe Line Operating Partnership, L.P., et al. – Tried ten day jury trial in dispute between Texas pipeline partnership and W.R. Grace subsidiary over ownership of Massachusetts pipeline with potential multi-million dollar environmental liability.
Martin v. Waco Hilton, et al. – Received take-nothing verdict after two-week jury trial in negligent security premises liability action based on plaintiff being robbed and shot in parking lot of hotel.
Chacon v. Everett Industries, Inc. – Obtained take-nothing verdict after eight-day trial defending product liability claim against manufacturer involving permanent brain injury to plaintiff.
REPORTED APPELLATE DECISIONS
- Dallas Nat’l Ins. Co. v. Calitex Corp., 458 S.W.3d 210 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2015, no pet.)
- Companion Property & Cas. Ins. Co. v. Palermo, 723 F.3d 557 (5th Cir. 2013)
- Yost v. Jered Custom Homes, 399 S.W.3d 653 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2013, no pet.)
- Olivares v. Mares, 390 S.W.3d 608 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2012, no pet.)
- Myan Management Group, L.L.C. v. Adam Sparks Family Revocable Trust, 292 S.W.3d 750 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2009, no pet.)
- Warfield v. Byron, 436 F.3d 551 (5th Cir. 2006)
- In re Bain, 144 S.W.3d 236 (Tex. App.—Tyler 2004, orig. proceeding)
- Rayon v. Energy Specialties, Inc., 121 S.W.3d 7 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2002, no pet.)
- Luce v. Interstate Adjusters, Inc., 26 S.W.3d 561 (Tex. App.—Dallas 2000, no pet.)
- Wallace v. Investment Advisors, Inc., 960 S.W.2d 885 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 1997, pet. denied)
- Durbin v. Dal-Briar Corp., 871 S.W.2d 263 (Tex. App.—El Paso 1994, writ denied)
- Greenwood v. Tillamook Country Smoker, Inc., 857 S.W.2d 654 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 1993, no writ)
- Howell v. Thompson, 839 S.W.2d 92 (Tex. 1992)
- Jones v. Stayman, 747 S.W.2d 369 (Tex. 1987)